Ending a marriage is a major life transition. Even in the most amicable cases, there are experiences that we often feel unprepared to manage. Some of these include an adjustment to a new family configuration, our new sense of Self, confusion resulting from splitting between parents, and displaced emotions.
Westport Family Counseling offers a weekly Divorce Support Group to help people process issues surrounding divorce with others going through similar changes.
The group offers an open and engaging forum to:
- Get support from peers
- Bolster your self-esteem
- Get help with co-parenting
- Learn coping skills that are specific to being a single parent
- Talk about new family dynamics
- Re-discover your interests and identity
- Re-build your family life
- Explore being single in this age of social media