Westport Family Counseling will be hosting an educational event for the Fairfield County community on Thursday November 6th at 7pm.
WFC is collaborating with Special Education Attorney, Larry Berliner to present on the topic: “Anxiety in Adolescents.”
Westport Family Counseling’s clinical team with speak to:
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of anxiety in adolescents
- How to talk to your teenager about your concerns and how to seek help for anxiety
- Give an overview of the different treatment options for anxiety with the goal of building healthy coping skills
- Managing the stress of the college search process and building resiliency to allow for a successful transition to college
Special Education Attorney, Larry Berliner will discuss:
- Student’s basic educational rights
- Incorporating therapeutic and counseling goals in a student’s IEP
- Special education law and the transitioning process: accommodations and modifications under Section 504 and the ADA
- Empowering parents to articulate their concerns
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 227-4555 for more information or to sign up for this free educational event.